Monday, June 23, 2008

Hunting, Gathering and Watching the Boob Tube

Good Monday morning ya'll. Ya know, I was a little upset when they told us we'd be working four days a week until things picked up at the Asylum, but it sure felt nice to lay in that big ol' comfy bed this morning. It was even a tad bit chilly with the new ac doin' it's thang. I might see things a little different when I get my next paycheck, but for today, it feels nice.

Since I spent most of the weekend laying around on my big butt, trying to get my mental chit together after last week, I plan to spend today doing a bit of laundry, working on my shop and making a run to the grocery store.

Old Mother Hubbard ain't got nothin' on us.

Ma is still unhappy about my having bought a window unit instead of getting the central air unit fixed. She swears it's not been below 80° in her bedroom, which I know is bullshit. I sent the Amazon in there to check after Ma went to sleep. It's nice and comfy in there. She insists she's still calling "the man." I don't think she will. I think she recently witnessed a taste of how insanely whacked out I can get when backed into a corner and I suspect it put the fear of God in her. I even scared myself a little.

I took advantage of a quiet house yesterday morning and watched the last episode of the first season of "The Riches" on Hulu. Finally, it all makes sense. Now I worry that it won't be picked up for a new season, season two being cut short by the writers strike. With the impending actor's strike looming overhead, things aren't looking promising.

Have ya'll been able to find ANYTHING worth watching on television? Everything is game shows and bullshit "reality" t.v., neither being genres I care for. It's all crap. I'm tired of crap.

By the way, my favorite episode of "The Riches" so far? It has to be the meth overdose episode where Eddie Izzard really shows his acting chops. Besides.. who knew Squanto was such a feckin' bastid?

Anywho, I'd better get busy clipping coupons. Ya'll enjoy your Monday.

Later Taters!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out The Middleman on ABC Family. It premiered last week and I loved it! It's neither a game show nor a reality show, thank goodness!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea if there's anything good on t.v. Our's is usually overtaken by the male members of the household which means we are constantly watching "Deadliest Catch." I don't understand the attraction. It seems like the same things happening over and over again.

Dianne said...

I'm not much on reality or game shows but I am enjoying the new Password

and Weeds and Army Wives

I hope The Riches comes back - I need my Eddie ;)

glad you got the AC