Friday, May 30, 2008

How to Spend Four Hours Vacation

As I mentioned in my brief post earlier in the day, I left the office at noon. I've still got over two weeks vacation left, the year is half over and I decided I needed a break. By lunchtime I'd entered the weekly order from our biggest customer, plus a couple thousand bucks more, completed two nice sized quotes and fielded a few phone calls.

I amazed myself. Maybe those vitamins are helping.

After a quick stop home I made tracks to the nail salon just over the county line, in the Big City suburbs. I signed in, then ran over to Samuele De Fanstastique for the hair cut I've been trying to get for like.. a month.

I'm not happy with it. Think Johnny Depp in Willy Wonka, sans bangs, with very noticeable gray roots. Ah well.. it will grow. There will be a date with Miss Clairol some time this weekend. Come Monday, I'll be fabulous.

After hair and nails, I stopped at the drug store to score Ma some real decongestant. She's got the Amazon's Greensboro crud. The gagging, yacking, coughing, sneezing and all the other ways you can think of to turn bodily fluids into projectile biohazrds are happening within feet of me at all times.

I refuse to get it. REFUSE.

It's bad enough that my tummy's been tripping the light fantastic, causing frantic searches for suitable public potty accommodations. There were two ladies in the bathroom at the grocery store tonight that I owe an apology, possibly even monetary compensation.

No one should have to experience what they did.

Anywho.. that's how I spent my half a vacation day. Now I'm looking forward to not leaving the house any more this weekend, other than that one trip to the dollar store. I hope ya'll have a good one.

Later Taters!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always hate it when I end up with a bad haircut, with the little hair I have left, you would think they could do a good job.

DG

Mahala said...

I'm considering getting myself a Flowbee on eBay and trying to do it myself lol.

Joy T. said...

Willy Wonka? Um. I bet it looks...pretty. I bet you get home, wash it, color it this weekend and it will look fabulous indeed! Hope you feel better soon.

Me said...

Far too much information for a creative, visual person like me so I saw the whole bathroom scene played out in my head and I now have to seek psychological help. :)

As for the haircut?

Hmmm. Can you work with it a bit to make it more 'you'?

Mahala said...

Thanks Joy.. I feel better already :)

I've got Miss Clairol in hand meritt, it's looking up already. I hadn't considered that they just sprayed it down instead of washing it. After I color it and hit it wiht the blow dryer, I'm sure it'll be fine. Otherwise, I'll wear it up until it grows out a bit.

tiff said...

Hope you didn't tip the hairdresser, and that you've got yourself a set of ho' nails to die for!

Yay for afternoons off!

Mahala said...

I must admit, I do have one hookerlicious set of ho nails. :o)