Friday, January 04, 2008

The Scotts Invade the Holler and What's for Supper?

I'll bet ya'll thought I forgot about you this morning, but I've just been super busy with the end of the year stuff. I've got it licked now, the day is almost over and it just dawned on me that today is Friday.

That's right, I forgot it was Friday. Amazing ain't it?

I saw something weird when I left for lunch. I was be-bopping down the hill, Jolene going wide open, when I noticed something hanging in the window of the vacant store at the intersection. I've mentioned the store before, I've often toyed with the notion of opening my own little shop there. I stopped before turning on to the main drag through town and saw that hanging in the window was a fairly large sized flag. It took a second for it to dawn on me what flag it was, I mean hell, it's taken me all day to realize it's Friday, but there hanging in the window was a big Scottish flag. There's another flag hanging in the opposite window, the Amazon insists that it's Scottish as well but I'm not so sure. I'm going to stop on the way home and take a picture, just to prove to ya'll that I'm not having hallucinations brought on by the return of Craig Ferguson to CBS.

I wonder what's for supper tonight? I'm falling into a real cooking funk. I'm sick of chicken tattas, ground mooburger and chops. What are ya'll fixin'? I'm sick of mashed taters and mac n' cheese too. And rice. I want something different, like a big ol' salad with lots of chunky cut veggies, but I'm pretty sure the rest of my family would poopoo that idea, saying it's too cold out.

Anyways, thirty minutes 'til the weekend. I'm gonna go water my plants. See ya'll later!

7 comments:

rennratt said...

We opted for Macaroni salad with lots of veggies, pepperoni and cheese chunks the other day.

We proceeded to eat it for every meal for three days, because it was easier than cooking.

kenju said...

I cooked chicken tenders from a recipe I found in a magazine for stroke survivors and they were surprisingly good!

Dianne said...

I made chicken cutlets - lightly browned and then into the oven at 350 for about an hour - covered in sauce and surrounded by potatoes and veggies.

So is a Scot shop opening there? Take a pic and send it to Craig - ask him if he'll do the ribbon cutting.

Jeni said...

We had battered fish with tartar sauce, shells and cheese and stewed tomatoes for supper - mainly because pasta has to be served in virtually EVERY meal for Miss Maya to agree to eat anything -once in a while she will agree to some rice, never to mashed potatoes though. Why would there be two Scottish flags hanging in those windows? You're going to have to become super sleuth and find out cause you know inquiring minds want to know all about this.

Anonymous said...

I got in one of those cooking funks too. Bought some fish and marinated it and they LOVED it! (Color me shocked!)

Melissa said...

Serve hot soup with the salad and the family probably won't mind.

Miz said...

Spaghetti with mushrooms and black olives in the sauce and a nice green salad.