Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Michael Caine, Silent Bubbles and Getting Back to Normal

Hey ya'll!

I'm in much better spirits today so I'll keep the whining to a minimum. I know ya'll are happy to hear that.

Yesterday afternoon, Tiny helped me rearrange my office so that my desk isn't directly beneath the moldy allergen spewing vent, then I came in this morning and went crazy with the Lysol disinfecting wipes. It looks and smells so much nicer in here now. I'm also a couple of feet further from Bubbles and her yeehaw-shit-kickin-cryin-in-my-beer country music. I still want walls, but for now this will help.

I had intended to finish an article for Helium last night, but instead I sat for over an hour hunched over a pile of coupons and this week's sale paper from the grocery store. After cross-referencing the coupons to the ad, making a list and completing intricate mathematical computations that would make my six grade pre-algebra teacher proud, I think I'll end up with about $8 worth of free stuff. The Amazon is taking Jolene (that's my truck, I've not taken a lesbian lover) to the neighboring town to run some errands, so she volunteered to do the food gathering.

*sniffle*

My little girl is growing up.

It'll be her first solo flight with the coupons, but I think I've trained her well.

I watched a movie over the weekend that I've been hoping to see. "Children of Men," with the sort of futuristic theme that I love, turned out to be extremely violent and strange. As a rule, I can live without all the blood splatter and I ended up wishing there had been a bit less of it in this film. Michael Caine has a role as an aging, pot smoking, hippy. His performance alone made the whole thing worth it.

It's almost lunchtime, Bubbles hasn't spoken to me all morning, every time I look back in Bossman's office he's got his little bald head in his hands, making groaning sounds and Lulu is out taking her morning commune with nature.

Everything's normal here in the Cubicle Asylum.

Ya'll have a good one. Later Taters!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Grocery shopping can be quite the mathematical challenge at times, can't it. Gotta do all the division to find out the price per unit/pound and then comparing all the store prices for that item to see which one breaks out the best. But hey, if in the end it saves you a few bucks, then it's well worth the effort. If you saved around $8 this week with coupons, just think -that will cover almost 3 gallons of "food" for Jolene then too.

kenju said...

I have gotten so that I read the shelf tags at the grocery, to see which size of item is the cheaper for the amount. It is amazing sometimes, how much of a variance there can be.