Monday, January 07, 2008

It's My Blog and I'll Whine if I Want to

I'd just like to go on record about a few things today, so ya'll bear with me.

First of all, just in case I've not driven this point completely home in the past, I'd like to make it perfectly clear that Mondays Suck. They suck loud. They suck big, hairy ones. I don't like them.

Second, have I ever mentioned the difficulty I have working with Bossman on a daily basis? Have you ever had a boss that makes up his own procedures, tossing you a curve ball at every turn then acting surprised when you get confused and screw stuff up?

My head hurts. I get a headache every Monday because the air circulating in the asylum is foul with moldy allergens and weld dust. It's just worse on Mondays because it's been closed up all weekend.

I hate making mistakes. I get so flippen angry with myself when a booboo is brought to my attention that I know my blood pressure shoots up 20 points. I'd bang my head on my desk, screaming "STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!" with each thud if it weren't for the fact that they all think I'm a psycho weirdo already.

On a lighter note..

To bigfez, who left this comment:

You might want to reconsider the folk dancing lessons - it's bound to draw loads of people with Scottish roots and you might just meet a handsome Scottish man to your liking! I'm just sayin'... :)

My reply:

I do seem to have a fondness for Scottish men, however if I did sign up for classes and find a nice dance partner, my clumsiness and large feet would no doubt render him lame and I can't live with that kinda guilt.

Also, HM reader Jill offered this answer to the flag question:

Hi, I was curious about the flags since I used to live with a Scot-o-file who always had the lion flag up but not the blue cross flag. Turns out the blue with white is the national flag and the lion is the coat of arms of the king of Scotland. Got my info from wikipedia if you want to check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Scotland

Let's all pray that I find some way to purge the extreme grumpiness from my system in the 15 minutes that remain of my lunch break. It's a matter of public safety.

Later Taters!


4 comments:

poopie said...

Bless your heart hon...I feel your pain ;)

Dianne said...

Get yourself one of those personal size, desk size air filtration things - they're pretty common now and not that expensive. I saw a really cheap one on Overstock.com when Christmas shopping. I think it was made by Holmes - their website also has clearance links. They do help the air immediately around you and your head feels clearer.

And I just have to ask! How do you really feel about Mondays?

Anonymous said...

Whine away :> I ranted all new years day.. was my first day back since early November.. and nothing went right..

Polson Pomilio

Only 25 more shifts to work until i retire and then cant only rant at the dog.. :>

AC said...

There should be a pill for grumpiness purging. It would sell.