Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween Rescheduled in the Holler

We had frost this morning! Okay so it was a very light frost, but still.. it was enough to get me excited.

The week ahead promises to be a bit crazy, so ya'll bear with me if I seem more scatter brained than usual. First, Frog Pond Holler Halloween festivities have been moved to Tuesday night to avoid interference with Wednesday night church services. This means I need to buy candy, today, if the Amazon wants to hand it out. I prefer the "turn out the lights and hide behind the couch until they leave" strategy. We haven't carved our pumpkins yet either, I guess we'll have to do that tonight.

Second, we're doing inventory here at the asylum Wednesday. This means everyone is running around snapping at everyone else, especially the menfolk. I just know we're going to come in Wednesday morning and find that someone's hiked their leg and taken a leak on the box of inventory tickets. Too many chiefs and not enough indians, everyone's trying to take charge and the peons can't figure out who to listen to. Thankfully, the sales department doesn't participate in inventory in any way, but we do get to partake of the company provided free breakfast that morning.

Life is good.

I did my time counting greasy parts out on the manufacturing floor for ten years. It's my turn to sit back and look cute.

I can do it too.

I'm off this Friday. It is not a holiday. I do not have to make an eight hour round trip to Greensboro. I do not have a doctor's appointment.

I'm just taking off.

Have I ever said that before?

If ya'll missed it, check out How Lulu Killed the Avon Lady.

Have a good week :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone around here debated the whole Halloween on Wednesday thing. They finally decided to just go with the flow.

Personally, I don't remember them ever switching the day when I was a kid, so I don't see why they should now.

Travel said...

We go out to dinner on Halloween, it cots little more then buying candy, and I don't have to deal with dirty, noisy children.

Taking friday off will make the weekend feel like a mini-vacation.

Enjoy!

DG