Life's Unanswered Questions



I made it through Monday relatively unscathed. Bubbles didn't get cranked up until about three o'clock, I knew the peace and quiet wouldn't last forever.

Yesterday morning, before everyone else got their lazy asses rear ends out of bed, I was watching one of those home improvement, DIY shows. The young couple being interviewed told the camera how they had settled for a smaller house that needed some work instead of a nicer one like their friends'. The house they had settled for was a hundred times nicer than what I live in and I found myself wondering if I'd ever live in a decent house again. I mean, what if this is it? What if it's all down hill from here on out? The more I thought about it, the further down in the dumps I managed to get until I had myself worked up into an honest to Gawd hissyfied fit.



You would think that would be it, but no. My neuroses are varied and can change at a moment's notice. Kinda like a drag queen with a trunk full of his old Aunt Maple's formal dresses and feather boas.


I should be ashamed, I thought to myself. There are people all over the world who would be down-on-their-knees thankful to have a roof over their head and to whom a fine stone fireplace or a dishwasher would seem unobtainable. How dare I be so selfish?


Ever since my brief little visit yesterday to crazy-hormone land I've wondered..


Is it ambition? Or is it selfishness? Is there a difference, really? I mean, can you have ambition without being at least a little selfish?


*sigh*


The giant coochie sculpture episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" is on. I've got my priorities. We'll talk more later.