Friday, June 08, 2007

A Drama Llama Sort of Day

Lawsy what a day. Can ya'll believe all this Paris Hilton drama? It wore me out trying to keep up with it all while I worked. She's called back to court, the sheriff refuses to take her to court, he and the judge get into an argument, then as all this is going on there are delivery trucks pulling up to her residence with portable heaters for the big party she was planning on throwing tonight.

I didn't want to jump on the Hilton bandwagon, Lord knows I could take today's events and run with it through at least five more posts, but I'll refrain. There are two points I'd like to make, then I'll move on. First, although I think it was wrong for her to be released after three days because it made her "sad" to be in jail, it was the sheriffs decision to send her home and it sort of borders on cruel to send her back. I think he should be the one to suffer the consequences of that decision. Second, I think the judge in this case is doing her a favor. Finally there is someone in her life showing her that she does have to be held accountable for her actions, something that I don't think her parents ever did.

Okay, I'm done. I could say loads more on the subject, but honestly the whole thing is just so fubared on so many different levels that it'll never make sense. Moving on...

I have finally done the unthinkable. I have conformed. I have assimilated into the collective. I have a MySpace account. I am slightly ashamed. I set it up as a means to promote Hidden Mahala, we'll see how it goes. Next I plan to tackle Stumbleupon. I'll share the address with ya'll after I tweak it a bit. It's all just kind of generic MySpace blah at the moment.

We have a new Deal of the Week in the sidebar on coffee and related products. I thought it was pretty cool that you could order Starbucks coffee from them, seeing how you can't buy Starbucks at all around here.

There's a big line of storms moving this way at the moment, so I think I'll go occupy the couch for a bit. Ya'll hold down the fort until I get back, kay?

1 comment:

kenju said...

I have never been a fan of Starbucks. Their coffee is too strong for me. Recently, someone gave me a $35 gift card to Starbucks as a thank you. I bought a bag of Verona decaf and found out it is terrific, made the way I like it. Now I'm addicted to it, and I have no more $$ left on the giftcard. Bah.