Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Postage and Vicars

Things I've had on my mind today:

The USPS and eBay: The postal service says that they have to keep raising the price of postage, partially due to the popularity of the internet and email because more people communicate electronically now instead of sending letters.

But what about eBay? Recently I saw a news story about a small town in the U.S. which has the largest number of eBay accounts in their population of anywhere in the world. The post office there has had to extend hours and hire more employees.

I don't think the post office is telling us the whole story. I bet they're making a killing off of eBay.

Kirstie Alley: I read somewhere that Kirstie Alley is filming a new series, an Americanized version of the BBC comedy "The Vicar of Dibley."

Ohmagawd....Why???????

I love the BBC show. I'm not so sure if I'm going to like the remake. Doesn't anyone in Hollywood have an original thought anymore?

Ah well. I'd better get back to work. Ya'll have a good day :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re the USPS and eBay, I totally agree with you!!!

As for an American version of The Vicar of Dibley, how on earth can they do that? We don't have vicars here! Or at least we don't call them that. And, no, Hollywood is incapable of original ideas anymore. Why else would be getting a new show on ABC called National Bingo Night?! *rolling eyes*

kenju said...

I've never seen the vicar show, although I like English comedy and sit-coms a lot.

Kirstie ought to just hang up her acting. She's past her prime and not good enough to carry a show anymore, I think. She may prove me wrong.