My daughter finally found a summer job yesterday. Thank Goodness. After going to every minimum wage employer in town, she finally stumbled into the new hotel/restaraunt yesterday and asked if they had any summer employment. She was hired on the spot and begins training Thursday. It's a hi-falooting kind of place, the sort of restaurant we can't afford to eat in, with a huge brick fireplace, a staircase leading up to the hotel rooms. I hope she makes GOBS of tips.

Am I being a huge fool spending the money to get away to Vegas for the weekend? I'm so broke. My car croaked on Friday, then this morning my coffee maker gave up the ghost. The only place in town to buy a new one is the dollar store and they don't take credit cards. What's the use in having all this stinking credit when I live in a town where no one takes credit cards?????

I know it sounds a bit froggy, but events leading up to this trip have convinced me that I'm meant to go. It just seems that in the past week, some other force has been working so hard against me.

1. The snake invasion at work. (TWO huge snakes trying to get in the office???)
2. The car.
3. The server at work dying.
4. Both my daughters and my mothers computers croaking.
5. My God awful hair cut.

I'm TRYING to keep a positive attitude about it all, but it's getting increasingly difficult.