Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Times, They Are a Changin'

Wow ya'll. A lot of shit has gone down since we talked last. I've got a phone (finally!!), I'm typing at a new (refurb) computer and there's money in the bank.

But how? Because my disability was finally approved.

Yay!!!!

And? I've got Medicare, which was a surprise. I thought it would be Medicaid, for which I'd prepared. I've spent the past month getting used to changes in noggin' docs, trying to figure out if I need part D coverage, comparing plans... what a colossal pain in the keister. I need new anxiety meds just to deal with this crap.

I got 2 years worth of back pay, which was awesome. I've bought some stuff, some much needed things for the house and some purely frivolous, like jeans and a comforter for the bed.

I got my nails did ya'll.

I'm currently trying to work up the courage to get my hair cut, colored and coiffed. Baby steps.

We're working on getting critters caught up at the vet, then hopefully there'll be enough left for a privacy fence.

The holler is turning in to a feckin' campground. If I can't get a fence, I'm getting a BB gun and using the hairy, pit smellin' hikers that go by the house all hours of the night for target practice.

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know we've gained a pup. Lord, I didn't want another one, but the same lady we got Cisco from had another litter. Okay, I mean her dog had a litter. It was actually a dog from a litter Grandma dog had last year who had the puppies. That poor woman is run over with dogs and puppies of every age. All I know is, T.A. gave her a ride home one day and this happened.


 His name is Chewy, short for Chewbacca. He's a little terror. He's lucky he looks like a muppet. Also, reason number 5129 why I need a fence.

Most days my head is spinning, trying to keep up with everything I need to do, people I need to call and what the hell to fix for dinner. It's hard, but I have to keep reminding myself to slow the crap down. It'll get done and I've got all the time in the world.

Anywho, with the new puter, I got a fancy new keyboard without any missing keys, so now I can bore you with my life in the holler EVEN MORE!!!!

Stop rolling your eyes, you know you love it.

So we'll talk again super soon. For reals.

Later Taters!!
\




5 comments:

Travel penguin said...

It is great to hear from you, glad things are coming together.

Celia said...

Glad to hear from you. Great news!

Cricket said...

YAY!! <3

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear things are looking up! Enjoy your jeans, comforter and anything else you treat yourself to - you are worthy of self love and care!

Lisa said...

I'm glad to hear this. I couldn't find the date on your post, but it seems fairly recent.