Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Stiff Drink Couldn't Hurt


I slept entirely too late this morning, dragging my lazy butt out of bed at 10:30. After a half a pot of coffee, I forced myself into the shower and almost followed that up with a nap. If it hadn't been for Ma nagging me gently suggesting that perhaps someone should go buy some food, I probably would have gone right back to sleep.

My heart was not feelin' the whole grocery shopping thing.. but I went. I didn't even bother to take coupons. I was slinging dead carcass and frozen bags of mystery roughage in my cart with wild abandon.

I'm still not 100% sure of everything I ended up with. The next two weeks will be filled with culinary mystery.

Luckily it wasn't until I arrived back at the trailer that the intestinal assault took place, with very little warning. At least now I know why I felt so craptacular. Hopefully it's a bug of the 24 hour variety and will be making it's way on to the next unsuspecting victim soon. The last thing I need is to be holed up in the one seater at the Asylum during Bossman's mandatory week off, while I am THE ONE and ONLY sales ninja.

Naw... I'm not stressing over it. Not at all.

*cough*

In other news...

I'm rethinking my recent decision to allow my hair to grow out to it's natural color. The recent addition of eye wear to my fashion ensemble has created a situation I hadn't anticipated. When looking in the bathroom mirror, I'm greeted not by my own reflection, but that of my mother's.

We can't be having this.

My hair has grown out considerably since making the decision to go natural, becoming long, hanging down in my face and now with silvery streaks half way down from my scalp. I look like something that comes down off the mountain once a month to buy a sack of flour, a bottle of lamp oil and a box of chewing tobacco before disappearing back in to the woods until the next full moon.

So yeah.. something will have to be done.

Anywho..

It's Saturday night in the holler. The VFD Bingo-Hot Dog Social has been over for two hours, they've found a dead body up on the mountain and I can hear Ma sawing logs down on her end of the trailer. Seeing how I slept so late this morning, I'll probably be up half the night watching crappy movies on cable.

There is no end to the excitement in my life.

Ya'll enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Later Taters!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

There you have the sole reason I started coloring my hair. I refuse to be gray at 35.

Have a nice Sunday on the porcelain throne...hopefully you will be all better in time for work on Monday.

rennratt said...

I stopped coloring my hair about a year ago. As a result, I have one long patch of gray/white down the right side.

My husband now calls me "Rogue". I kind of like it.

Me said...

Hey there girly! I was in your area of the world yesterday as we made our annual trek to the sun and sand (of which there is currently plenty of sand but nary a sign of the sun thru the dense fog).

I *almost* pulled my cellphone out to call you but decided against. Last time I called you at random you seemed a little freaked out and wondered why I'd just call to say 'hey' so I thought against it this time. LOL.

Will be traveling through again next weekend. I'll wave. :)

Traci Dolan said...

Maybe you could choose a haircolor that is lighter than what is on there now and just kind of... maybe not make it so obvious? I know, I can't stand the thought of looking in my mirror and seeing my mother. GAH!

Travel said...

Hope you are back on your game by Monday so that you can prove that they can't live without you.

DG

BetteJo said...

I look more like my dad than my mom, and if I start seeing HIM looking back at me, we might have a problem.

Unknown said...

Oh sister I know about the hair and looking like your mother issue.
For YEARS I was a striking bleach blonde with a short and sassy cut.
Now I have long natural hair with touches of grey throughout.
I look in the mirror and who do I see?
My pain in the ass mother.
How did this happen.

If you have cable, be sure to watch Big Love on HBO tonight.

kenju said...

Great post. It is too bad I got here so late today, since everyone else has already said everything I thought of.

tiff said...

I will go to the grave a 'medium reddish blonde,' methinks. Being gray is SO not an option.

Heh - shopping list for the holler-dweeler is classic.