Friday, December 19, 2008

Cha-Cha and Silver Linings

First of all... Who knew itty bitty froggies were so popular among female bloggers?

Anywho...

I had to put a call in to the Scary Hillbilly Town dentist yesterday morning. That wonky molar that was doing the cha-cha in my face last month decided to break bad on me again. Luckily the dentist took pity on me and called some antibiotics in. Of course, this meant I had to make the half hour trip over the state line after work, but when a wonky molar is doing the cha-cha in your face, you'll pretty much drive anywhere, even if it means taking a team of sled dogs through the frozen tundra, facing blinding snow and hungry polar bears.

Oh.. don't worry though. It was like 60° here.

Ya'll may remember that I made the decision to stop coloring my hair, go natural, let the real me shine through. Since making that decision, my hair has decided to go through an atomic growth spurt. My inner hag is emerging from my scalp at an alarming rate and... good googedy moogedy you should see how much silvery goodness is sticking out all over my head.

Since we're on the subject, can anyone explain to me why I have ten times more gray hair than my mother or any of my aunts?

I don't know if I'll be able to muster the gumption to follow through. I may have to find some middle ground, like a nice rinse to ease the pain. We shall see.

It's Bubbles Free Friday ya'll, as a matter of fact, I'm Bubbles free until December 29th. Life is good.

We'll talk again real soon.

Later Taters!

8 comments:

poopie said...

Oh my....Bubbles free for a week? Merry Christmas to YOU!!!!

Unknown said...

You have "Hollar Hair"!
hahahahaha!!!!!
I know how you feel, I quit coloring my hair after being a bottled blonde for twenty years and now I'm a fat ol grey goose :(
Oh well, I've been married six times and I have two kids four dogs and a pig.
Who needs pretty.

tiff said...

Hoping that your dancing toof takes a breather.

Shoot - just go blonde. Then when it grow out you'll be like...Madonna. Come on, you KNOW you want to.

Mahala said...

poopie: Merry Christmas to you and the whole gang :)

Marilyn: Holler hair! I like that. I wouldn't mind having a pet pig. I'd take it on walks in town.

tiff: I went blonde for a while back in my much younger days. I might even be able to stir up some photographic evidence.

Traci Dolan said...

My grandfather had beautiful white hair as he aged and so do two of my aunts, but, their hair was also black in their youth.

Growing out is painful... very painful. Perhaps you should go a lighter shade, that way the change won't be as obvious as it does grow out.

kenju said...

You could do what I did: let it grow out for about 5 months and then get your hair cut short (think KD Lang) to get rid of all the color and then let it grow back in to the length you prefer.

Marissa said...

I have been coloring my hair since I used a temporary color in high school. I had to play an Asian seamstress in "FLower Drum Song." For my art, I dyed my already dark brown hair BLACK! JET BLACK! Sadly, my hair seemed to like it and it wouldn't rinse out. So the cycle of coloring began.
I've gone with honey shades as my grays have increased. My temples are pure silver. I've considered being brave, but my hair is long. OY! I've threatened cropping it a al Jamie lee Curtis. However, my big ass isn't a good balance for my pin head ... I need the fluff on my noggin'

A Spot of T said...

Over a week without Bubbles?? You must have been good all year for Santa to bring you that gift. As for the tooth? I feel for you and hope it's all looked after by now!