Sunday, July 20, 2008

Just Another Exciting Sunday in the Holler

It's been pretty quiet around the trailer today, although I did hear Ma meowing earlier.

That's right. Meowing.

A good daughter would have gone and made sure she was on the phone with my trashy-big-boobed-lazy-eyed-cousin's youngin and not having some kind of psychological episode.

*cough*

Anwho...

As I was saying, it's been pretty quiet. I've taken advantage of the peace and tinkered a bit with Photoshop, updated my Second Life blog and ran the dishwasher twice.

I feel so techie and geektardified.

Due to Bossman's haggling skills, I get to work tomorrow. He was approached about my attending some training sessions this week which he agreed to only if they approved my working all five days. It'll be so nice to get a WHOLE paycheck, even if it means sitting in boring meetings Tuesday, Wednesday and most of Thursday. That's three days without Bubbles.. with pay.

I can live with that.

The Big City newspaper's office will be getting a nasty phone call tomorrow. I haven't gotten my Sunday paper for two weeks in a row now, but they wasted NO time debiting my account for my subscription. I mean.. not only have I gone without coupons for two weeks.. I'm being denied the funny pages.

What am I supposed to read when I'm experiencing an extended visit to the potty palace? I think I'll ask them that tomorrow when I call.

I wanted to thank ya'll for all your advice regarding the anal retentive big headed German, who openly lusted for my bodacious tattas. I probably should give him a chance, maybe he's calmed down in the past few years. I'll keep you posted.

I think I'm going to go toss a load of laundry in the wash and maybe figure out what kind of culinary disaster I'm going to create for din-din tonight.

Ya'll enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Later Taters!

9 comments:

Significant Snail said...

Congrats on three Bubbles-free days!

Mahala said...

Thanks! I'll cherish each and every moment lol.

kenju said...

So what did you do for dinner? I made a hit here at home tonight, with some leftover, frozen pork tenderloin, sliced and marinated in teriyaki sauce and sauteed in butter with onions. Yum.

Mahala said...

I ended up nuking some rice and veggies and popping some offerings from the Gorton's Fisherman in the oven.

It wasn't great.. but it was edible lol.

BetteJo said...

Just sent the girl child out to get Thai food. With extra peanut sauce. Yum.
Yay for 5 day weeks and whole paychecks! Mine was short one day last week because the girl who does my time sheets didn't notice that I forgot to punch in one day. Sigh-h. At least it will be on my next check.

Mahala said...

Yeah.. short checks suck. Bossman gave me permission to start using my vacation days again, at least every other week, to offset the short pay.

I dunno what I'll do when they run out.

Anonymous said...

How did I miss the ogling German? Yikes I need to read every day, you work too fast for me chica! Glad you're getting a full paycheck this week at least.

Jeni said...

I agree -full paycheck is aces for sure and three Bubbles-free days is really icing on the cake too! Try to find something you can pull in for humor with the conference though to compensate for no Bubbles news.

Me said...

Are you sure your neighbor isn't stealing your paper? LOL.