Monday, January 14, 2008

Winter Finally Arrives (Again)

It's colder than a well digger's butt in the holler this morning. Light snow flurries are riding the wind, making pretty swirly patterns outside the window. It must be doing more than flurry on the other side of the mountain, the morning news announced that schools were closed.

I spent most of the weekend taking pots and pans out of the cabinets to wash. Our now deceased little rodent visitor lived among the muffin tins and frying pans, leaving his little poopie turds on everything. I washed them with an antibacterial detergent and bleach, surely to goodness that'll kill any lingering traces of varmint inhabitation. It'll be nice to be able to put stuff away again. The kitchen table was getting a little cluttered.

I'm doing some redecorating around the blog, so ya'll will just have to watch your step and try not to trip on anything until I get done. My CSS and Photoshop skizzles ain't all that and it's going to take me a day or two to get things like I want them. In the meantime, ya'll are liable to see just about anything when you stop by, so don't be skeered if it looks all weird.

Anywho, I need to stop putting it off and go ahead and tackle this Monday head on. Ya'll do the same. Have a good one.

Later Taters!

7 comments:

My Heart On My Sleeve said...

Oh Great! Another interesting blog that goes back two years, that I am going to have to spend all my study time reading! Well, maybe I can limit myself to one month per day.... probably not thought, this is great stuff!!!

Mahala said...

Welcome! I love meeting new bloggers :)

Travel said...

New colors and pictures. Maybe you'll get a snow day to work on it.

DG

Anonymous said...

like the frog

kenju said...

You just promise me you will keep that snow up there with you! Don't you dare send it to Raleigh - at least until after next Sunday!

poopie said...

Mouse poop. Nothing worse.

Mahala said...

travel: I have to do this stuff in small doses anyway. If I had a whole snow day I'd break the internet.

anonymous: Remind me to tell you about the intricate gymnastic like poses I had to perform to take that little frog picture lol.

kenju: I'll keep it all to myself if I can :)

poopie: I agree. Bunny poop = interesting. Bear poop = exciting. Rat poop = ICKY POOP!