Porch Paths, Growing Trucks and Hot Showers

There's a light frost on everything outside the kitchen window this morning. I love the way everything sparkles when the light hits it, even my old car with the "for sale" sign, that I can't seem to unload.

The Amazon and I made it to the dump with the stinky old recliner yesterday. We got rid of an old television and computer too. You can almost see a path on the front porch. The child had the gall to laugh at me when I tried to heave my big butt up in the back of the truck. It took some wallerin' and gruntin' but I made it. I don't remember it being that hard to get in the bed of a pick-up before. I use to hop in the back of Daddy's truck all the time without thinking twice. They must be making them higher off the ground than they used to.

*cough*

It's totally not that I'm not as spry as I used to be.

The 10 gallon aquarium which housed our Russian Dwarf hamster is sitting out on the porch too. There won't be another hamster, since we discovered that I was highly allergic to the cute little fuzz ball. Every time I handled her or cleaned out her cage, my eyes swelled shut and felt like they were full of gravel. I looked like I'd gone a few rounds with Ali.

Hamster pox ain't fun ya'll.

I'm toying with the idea of turning it into a terrarium. I'd like to have a couple carnivorous plants, but then that would mean more mouths to feed.

Maybe not.

I dread going back to the Cubicle Asylum tomorrow. Bossman will be back and Bubbles will have spent a weekend alone with the Bubbahubby and her rugrats. She'll be wound up tighter than a Slinky. I know I'll have a headache by lunchtime, it never fails on Mondays. I can't blame it all on Bubbles, as much as I'd like to. I really think it has a lot to do with the dry air wreaking havoc on my sinus'. I found this on Amazon. It should be just the right size for my little cubicle. The fact that it's cute and looks like a penguin is just an added bonus.

I think I'm going to take advantage of the peace and quiet this morning. The Amazon is at work for another couple of hours, so I'm going to go take a nice, long, hot shower, followed by curling up on the couch with a critter or two and a hot cup of coffee.

Ya'll enjoy your Sunday.

Count your blessings.