Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Runnybabbits, Dusty Globs and Words of Wisdom

This morning, the bunny was back. He's like.. Runnybabbit Schwarzenegger!! He was sitting in the exact same spot, just chillin' like a villain. He let me get within about five feet before he moved and even then he only went under the van. I wonder if it isn't an escaped pet rabbit. He looks a bit large compared to the scrawny wild variety we normally see.. and he's definitely not skittish.

After I spent about five minutes squatting in my front yard goin', "Hewwwooooo runnybabbit... you's a cute widdle runnybabbit... where did yous come from? Huh? I wikes runnybabbits!!" I hopped in my little car and scooted on up to the campground. I ran out of coffee at the house and forgot to pick any up on the way home yesterday, so I had to take a chance on the Grill n' Gag down at the campground store. Surely to goodness a cup of coffee would be safe.

I stood there in line, marvelling at the large globs of cobweb, dust and nicotine hanging precariously off the once living, now stuffed wildlife assortment along the wall, mentally debating whether or not I really needed the cup of coffee that bad. There was a little boy in line behind me, probably around three years old, with Superman flip flops telling another patron about his super powers. The kid scored huge for cuteness. After the cashier accidentally rang me up for a keg of beer and everyone had a big laugh over my early morning drinking habits, I finally got my coffee and made it to the office.

Bossman finally showed up about thirty minutes late. He's had an air of shitty crappy attitude about him all morning, which isn't all that different from his normal winning personality. There seems to be a slightly more ornery bite to his demands than usual.

Pfft.

Whatever.

You can go through life being pissed off at the world or you can take it all in stride and make the best of it. Neither action is going to change things you have no control over.

Let's go file a while.. shall we? I'll talk to ya'll again real soon!

Later Taters.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that certainly is one big bunny. Definitely pet material. Maybe you can tempt him out with some raisins... a line of them leading into a box/cage???

Travel said...

You should have brought the Keg in for the boss, it might improve his attitude.

DG

kenju said...

"You can go through life being pissed off at the world or you can take it all in stride and make the best of it. Neither action is going to change things you have no control over".


AMEN!!!

Anonymous said...

"You can go through life being pissed off at the world or you can take it all in stride and make the best of it. Neither action is going to change things you have no control over."

A lesson I'm slowly learning, and, YAY ME, actually put to use today rather than let the arrogant jerk who tried to put me in my place today ruin the rest of my day.

BetteJo said...

runnybabbit! LOL!