Friday, September 28, 2007

Snarfing Joy

Sammy got his stitches out yesterday and was relieved of his cone. I was a little sad, I can't call him "Cone-an the Dogbarian" anymore. Withing minutes of arriving home, he plopped down in the middle of the living room floor and promptly buried his face in his nether regions. He stayed there, oblivious to his surroundings, making gawd awful snarfing, licking and groaning noises for quite a while.

"Mama, make Sammy stop," the Amazon said. I looked down at Sammy.

"I suppose I should, but he looks so farkin happy. That's probably the only thing he's thought about all this time with that big cone on his head. It's probably the real reason he's been laying around looking sad."

Every once in a while he'd come up for air, his eyes rolled back in his head with pure joy at being able to finally get at the itch he'd been tolerating for weeks.

I left him alone. Everyone should be able to experience that sort of sheer joy at least once in their lives.

It's Friday ya'll. This one's almost licked!

4 comments:

Travel said...

Why do dogs lick their _____, because they can!

Mahala said...

LOL! And he was so thankful that he could :)

BetteJo said...

I think most of the males out there would love the opportunity ...

Traci Dolan said...

LOL@ Betty Jo... LOL! Oh, this is too good.