What's the Deal With the Cheese????


Geeze what a day. I booked close to 100k by myself and my brain is pretty fried, therefore I can't be held accountable for the jibberish I'm about to produce.


After work yesterday I headed out to the oasis, where the boonies meet the outskirts of Big City, where you get your first glimpse of neon and traffic after miles and miles of trees, cows and assorted roadkill. I took the long drive to visit the nail salon, where every two weeks I go and allow the petite little Vietnamese lady inflict pain and suffering upon my delicate fingertips. She was in rare form last night, she must have had some pent up frustration she needed to work through or something. She did things to my cuticles that I know were against the Geneva Convention. I thought the worst was over when I arose from my seat and crossed the room to the sink to wash the acrylic dust from my hands. It was a welcome relief, the warm water soothing my stinging fingertips. When I sat back down, she took a cotton ball and began rubbing it on the burning flesh, to prepare my nails for the clear base coat. The cotton ball was soaked with.... rubbing alcohol.


I thought I was gonna die... or worse.. that my fingertips were going to burst into flames and fall off.


Anywho, after I left there I made a stop at the grocery store to pick up a few groceries to last until the next payday. Ma was nearly out of Cokes and ya'll know if she runs out completely it will cause a tear in the space-time continuum, resulting in the spontaneous combustion of random high rise buildings and the eventual end of civilization as we know it. Oh yeah and we needed cheese.


The prices at the local grocery store had gone up considerably since the last time I shopped. Because I tend to buy the same things on a regular basis, I've noticed that the prices will shoot up an unreasonable amount, then after a week or two they'll go back down part of the way. Could it have anything to do with the fact that it was triple coupons week?


I picked up a package of cheese slices, the real kind, not "pasteurized cheese food." It's usually around $3.65, which is way too expensive to me to begin with. Do ya'll know how much that package of 24 slices of cheese cost me?


$4.98


FIVE BUCKS FOR A PACKAGE OF CHEESE!!!!


My gawd. That's nearly .21 per slice. We're not talking premium imported cheese either, this is plain old yellow, individually wrapped, American cheese.


What is this world coming to????
I'd better get to bed, before I end up on a cheese rant. Ya'll have a good Wednesday. Cherish your cheese.