Friday, July 27, 2007

Looking Busy is a Talent

It's Friday and I have a feeling it's going to be a long one. Rain is sprinkling down here in Frog Pond Holler, making it darn near impossible to force my lazy hind end out of bed at the butt crack of dawn. I love storms, but not the wussified drizzle we've got today. I like my rain with some substance, some noise, a nice light show.

If you read my Twitter thingie, you'll know that Bossman pitched a nice little fit yesterday. We have a spare computer we use to access some old DOS programs for performance data on our products. Each time you key data and hit "enter", the program makes a loud "beep." Yesterday, just before lunch, Bossman was using it and I guess he got frustrated or ticked off or something because he began beating on the keyboard, which caused the computer to beep each time he made contact. It was almost as if the computer were crying out in pain each time he hit it.

Such a child.

When I came back from lunch, his office light was turned off and he was gone for the day. No one ever told me if he was coming back, if someone died or what. It amazes me how these people just get up and leave when ever the mood strikes them.

Moving on...

Yesterday I got one of those scam emails, promising me a huge cash payout if I can just help the poor dying widow get her husbands funds and assist her in distributing the moolah to charity. I get these about once a week and I usually ignore them, but I was bored out of my mind and decided I'd email them back and mess with their heads. I received an email back this morning, this could be fun. I'll keep ya'll posted.

I'm gonna go look busy now. Ya'll enjoy your Friday :)

No comments: