Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Catching Up in the Holler

Now that we've gotten graduation out of the way, we can get back to normal around here. Well... normal for Frog Pond Holler.

The Cubicle Asylum is still on a downward spiral. Sales, productivity and all-round moral are in the toilet. Bossman is such a joy to be around when things are going well (can you smell the sarcasm?), you can imagine how he is now. Bubbles on the other hand is so perky that by lunchtime I'm contemplating a .45 to my temple to put myself out of my misery. I'm not an unreasonable person.. honest.. but when you are talking to a customer on the phone and you have to say, "I'm sorry, can I call you back later? I can't hear you because of the noise level in the office," that's pretty bad.

Around the house we've been treated to a new spectacle across the road. My neighbor Dubya has hung a hammock between the light pole and his porch rail, just a couple of feet from the road and he's pulled his fancy plastic swimming pool around the house and placed it right beside it. The pool is filled with murky brownish-green liquid, a potential skeeter feast. I've not seen hide nor hair of his stepdaughter, the thirty dolla ho, in ages. Rumors abound that she's lost a bunch of weight, now a shadow of her former self.

The Boston baked beagle is scratching and breaking out again. I don't know what the deal is. Our older cat, Scotty, has a tumor on his neck which has led to vet visits and the daily chore of wrestling him into a towel and working on my eye hand coordination trying to squirt liquid meds in his mouth. The Amazon has been a trouper though, she has the task of trying to hold him.

Oh and in other Amazon news, the Splode 'a Dell (her spiffy new laptop, less than a year old) doesn't want to boot up. It says she needs to activate Windows. I guess I'll try to tackle that tonight.

Other than that, I guess everything's pretty normal. I'm still watching Craig Ferguson over my Special K and coffee in the mornings and he still makes me smile. Ma's still a little nuts.

All's well here in the holler. I hope all is well where ever you are too.

Ya'll have a good one.

1 comment:

Me said...

*** If her Dell says that she has to input her credit card to activate Windows warn her that she has the latest and greatest virus. ***


Yep - as of April (last month) this is the new 'virus' out there. It locks up - tells you to reactivate Windows. you have two choices. Now - with a credit card... or 'later' inwhich it shuts itself down.