Monday, September 11, 2006

Craig Ferguson, The Kennedys and Lunchtime Uterus Discussions

I've made two trips to the dollar store today and finally remembered to get coffee. There is hope for me yet.

The bad part of Monday (work) is over and and good part is yet to come. The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson comes out of reruns tonight. I'm looking forward to getting cozy on the couch in the morning with my coffee and Pop Tarts, curled up with a blanket, watching his fine self pole dancing, shaking his money maker and talking about his naughty bits. There IS no better way to start your day.

How I spent my lunch break:

I was sitting here, checking the news, when Ma came in the kitchen and sat down. I asked her, "Did you hear about Anna Nichole Smith's son?" She hadn't, so I read her the news from MSNBC.

"How old was he?" she asked. I told her. She sort of stared off into space a minute, then said,"I never did trust those Kennedys."

Kennedys? Were we talking about the Kennedys?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Ya know, they had Marilyn Monroe killed because she was too close to JFK, then they got that dumbass put in office."

Oooookay. Just smile and nod. Don't argue. I have no clue what she was going on about. Then she said, "Your face is swelled up like it's going to explode. Don't you think you should go back to the doctor?"

"I'm fine Ma. I've just got a headache, probably sinus."

"You should have a hysterectomy. You'd feel better, I'm tellin' ya, it's the best thing I ever did."

"Ma, I really don't think my uterus has anything to do with my sinus headache."

"Well is that medicine they gave you helping, from when you went to that geneticist?"

"I have never been to a geneticist. I went to a rheumatologist."

"Well that's what I meant, don't be a smartass."

And ya'll wonder why I'm nuts.

4 comments:

Me said...

LOL... talking to your Ma reminds me of talking to my Great Aunt Lolly.

;)

Anonymous said...

Has she always been like this - or just since you moved back home?

Anonymous said...

At least she didn’t start relating the tale of the wondering womb. Now where are they with her pudding?

DG

Anonymous said...

LOL! I think it would be more likely to be Anna Nicole's late husband's family who did in her kid than the Kennedys. *g* I wonder if there's been any updates on his death yet?