Friday, September 08, 2006

Cool Breezes and Critters

What a difference a day makes.

There's a hint of fall in the air, the cool breeze makes me happy. The hot weather will no doubt return for brief visits, but it's official. Fall is on it's way.

I got a crap load of work done today, my in-box is almost empty. I don't mind being busy when the day ends with a sense of accomplishment. It's the days when you work yourself into a frenzy yet never get anything done, spinning your wheels in an endless mud pit for eight hours, that you wear yourself out. I had to gently inform Bubbles, in a round about way, that I'm all about fun and games, but when I've got a lot to do, I need some serenity. She seemed a little hurt at first, but by the end of the day she'd bounced back.

After work, I came home and loaded the dishwasher (where do they keep coming from???) then started dinner. Baked chicken breasts, saffron rice, green beans and biscuits. I curled up on the couch and watched "The Truth About Cats and Dogs" surrounded by... well.. cats and dogs. I hadn't seen it in forever, I'd forgotten most of it. The story is about a tall, lanky blonde, a sort of dumpy little brunette and the man who falls in love with them.... sort of. I won't explain it, I'm sure most of you have seen the movie, it's been around for a while. I needed that reminder that even those of us who are "cosmetically challenged," dumpy and plain, do have value and that maybe in the world that exists away from the movie screen, intelligent people of the opposite sex might some day see that value in us. I know that happy endings are what fairy tales are made of, but there's no harm in a little dreaming now and then.

The other day at the grocery store, before my little mini trauma while loading the groceries, I spotted some critters in the back of the truck in the next parking space. I'd forgotten that I'd taken it:


Grocery Goats

There's a black one in there too, but he didn't show up in the picture as well. You never know what you're going to see in the back of pick-up trucks around here.

I took this other picture while the Amazon was home. In case any of you were wondering just what the heck a Boston Baked Beagle (half Beagle, half Boston Terrier) looks like, here ya go:


Only Innocent When He Sleeps

Do not be fooled by the innocent face. This is the goober brain who has decided that he'd rather risk a bladder explosion.. or worse.. than go outside.

I'm so thankful for the weekend. Hope yours rocks.

Later Taters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of "Happy Endings", thats a great film to rent. I loved it. I had the same day as you did, only all my co-workers split for the annual "Day of Caring" and left me to work alone, which is fine, I called it my "Day of not giving a shit" and got LOTS done. Hope your weekend is FAB dolphie :-)

Mahala said...

Thanks Bluez :) You too.

Loner said...

Look at the dute cute goats!!!! Thanks for posting them!

And loved the bit about bit aobut your fussy puppy - thier little personalities are just amazing.