Friday, August 04, 2006

Lunch Break Rambles

Oh no, I didn't post anything yesterday. I'm a naughty blogger!!! *snort*

At least it's Friday. And, the boss came in my office today to just sit and shoot the bull, which never happens, and mentioned that his company vehicle (a Dodge Intrepid) is coming up for replacement. This means they'll be selling it dirt cheap. Granted, it's got 98,000 miles on it, but I know it's been kept up and babied.. and beggars can't be choosers. So keep your fingers crossed for me.

In other news.. remember those prescriptions I kept whining about a couple weeks ago? I mailed two off for the mail order service yet never received them. They were supposedly mailed to me on 7/24. I called my insurance carrier and they said they'd start a new order, but I'd have to pay another $50 copay and it would go against my refills, they've already charged me for the first order I never received. So now, I have to shell out more money, wait more and I can't even start the process to get reimbursed for the first order until 30 days has passed. It irks the crap out of me, although I can understand their point. They can't just go off mailing drugs around willy-nilly. We don't have a choice when it comes to "maintenance drugs." We have to get them through the mail order service.

So now I'm waddling around Frog Pond Holler with ankles swollen up like they've got little inner tubes around them, my face is constantly glowing a nice cherry red, I can't get my rings off and I really don't want to know what my BP is (I'm a sex magnet, let me tell ya.) I've still got a script for a thirty day supply that the doc gave me to hold me over until I got the mail order filled, but I can't find a pharmacy who has them in stock. The whole reason I have new prescriptions is that our insurance changed and the cost for refills on one drug shot way up.

Medical insurance in this country has gone absolutely ape shit. I don't know what to do to fix it, I just know it's getting worse as the days go by.

It must be "North Carolina Week" on the Late Late Show. Monday, Craig Ferguson had a local actress on and last night he had "My Name Is Earl" actress Jamie Pressly. I love that show, and her character is hillarious. I know people JUST like that. I didn't know she was from NC, I didn't pick it up in her accent. There is a difference between "Southern" and "Hillbilly" dialects. I can pick mountain dwelling folks out instantly by their unique drawl. Jamie Pressly is from the other side of the state, where the accent is more Southern and much prettier. Of course, I don't have an accent. *cough*

I promise more later. I'll try not to be such a slacker.

Later Taters.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate dealing with insurance crap. It's always SUCH a hassle. I hope your meds come soon!

Loner said...

RX for puffy legs: Egg whites have Albumin - which is what we give people IV when they come in with fluid in places it shouldn't be. You will want to have at least two a day - four if you can tolerate it. Also - get your legs above the level of your heart for at least 15 minutes a day - and drink lots of sugar-free liquids. Dang, that nursing school stuff just came in handy!

Me said...

I wonder if the 30 dolla' hoe has your prescrips... accidently delivered to them and they kept them?

poopie said...

I know somebody just like every character in My Name is Earl...several somebodies actually.

Mahala said...

tori: me too and thanks :)

loner: when you say egg whites.. do you mean raw?

aka_mer: Ahhh we can't have mail delivered to the house. There's some ordinance that if you live in the city limits you have to rent a post office box. However, the hoochie clan across the road have a mailbox and get theirs delivered. Hmmmmm. You may be on to something!

poopie: I love Randy.

Anonymous said...

Can the shipping people put a trace on the package? If they use UPS or Fed Ex they can track down the last place the package was in thier hands. If they use the post office . . . oh well.

Yes, our health care system is messed-up. I can remember when someones wife proposed fixing it a dozen years ago and nearly got ran out of town. The current administration has only looked for ways to fatten the drug companies proifts (look at Medicare Part D.) Shrub is such an Idiot!

DG

kenju said...

Good luck with the car - and with the new meds. I know what it is to have swollen ankles and a red face!

Karen Townsend said...

We have that same requirement of maintenance perscriptions having to be on mail order. Screw that. My blood pressure is only $10 more, thankfully, than what it is with full insurance. It's too much of a pain and I always think I'm getting ripped off anyway!

Mahala said...

DG: They usually mail them through the US post, lets just hope I get the new shipment. As for the healthcare system in general, it's fubarred for sure.

kenju: If nothing else, the swollen ankles gives me an excuse to sit with my feet up lol.

karen: Yeah you have to be careful, sometimes the copay is more than what it would cost to get it filled out of your own pocket.

Anonymous said...

Mahala,
I bought a used 1997 Dodge Intrepid with 100K miles 6 months ago and drove it to Tulsa so I'd have a car to drive when I fly in. My friends borrowed it and liked it so much that they bought it off of me. I really liked that car. I may have to find me another one. Worst cup holder ever though.

Bert said...

Of course you don't have an accent *splutter*

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »